About Me

My photo
Diet Coke. Don't touch my Diet Coke.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I think I need a Lear Jet

Day 8: A Place I Have Travelled To

Hmm...I wouldn't say that I am "well-travelled" by any means--I am most definitely not a jet-setter hah.  I have travelled a bit though--Canada, Mexico, Germany, The Netherlands, France and the States.  Since this topic is asking for a single place, I am going to focus on my favorite place:  Germany.

Poster on a street pole.







On the high-speed train to The Netherlands
Specifically, Munich, Bavaria.  What a city!  I went there with my dad about 4 years ago to see The Who play in the Olympic Stadium there--really though, it was just an excuse to see Europe with my dad.  We went in late spring 2007, and it really was one of the most wonderful places I have ever been.  The German people I found to be warm and friendly, the weather was beautiful--we even got to experience an early summer thunderstorm. (It was fantastic!)  The food was great--fresh strawberries from Switzerland for $0.80 a pound, sandwiches, bratwurst and sausages, fine dining and the beer--well, what can I say about having crafted German beers in Germany? Not very much other than "you have to have been there to know."  Munich was so amazing in fact, that we actually left Amsterdam and decided to forget about the other places we had planned on and went BACK to Munich. 

Interesting side note:  my French actually improved while in Germany--who would've guessed?  (The Germans all have to learn--or at least study-- a second language in school, and if it wasn't English, it was almost always French.)
Open-air court at the Munchen Flughafen (airport).
Flags, left to right: European Union, Germany, Bavaria, City of Munich--and some other, I think the hotel's.

No comments:

Post a Comment